Monday, August 16, 2010

Good old golden rule days...

Tomorrow is the 1st day of school!!!!!!

I always get SO excited about everything- new students, new supplies, new organization ;), etc... I LOVE it! This year I am especially excited because it is the 1st year I've taught the same grade, in the same room, in the same state! I felt like I could really take the time to set up my room the way I want it, and it makes a HUGE difference when you actually know what you're going to need throughout the year.

I've been blessed with excellent assistants each year I've taught, and this year is no exception! I gave her a to-do list today that was forever long, thinking there was no way she could possibly accomplish it all, and within an hour she had about 3/4 of it done. Yes! LOVE you Natalie!!

Here's a few pictures of my room, from start to finish. Of course, it's never REALLY finished, but you get the idea. :)

This is what it looked like when I first walked in...

After a couple days of work....
Almost ready....


Finished and ready for the 1st day of school!

LOVE my little library area!Guided Reading... and supply bins that won't be there past the first couple days :)
Whole group area

2 comments:

  1. Oooohhh Melissa, I love your classroom set up! What grade are you teaching? I'm starting my first year of teaching here in Savannah this fall and I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Josie! I'm teaching 1st grade for the 2nd year. :) This will be my 4th year teaching... 2 years of Pre-K before I moved to 1st grade last year. Good luck with your 1st year!

    ReplyDelete