Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Packing for kiddos


I saw this idea on pinterest, and tweaked it to make it my own.  Basically the idea is that when you are traveling with kids you put an entire outfit together, throw it in a gallon sized bag, and when you get to your destination, the kids pick out 1 outfit/day to wear.  I thought this was a WONDERFUL idea.  When we went on vacation in June, I did this, but I tweaked it some.  One day, we were going to be inside all day (pants or a skirt would have been fine) and another day, we were hiking (aka- comfy, cool clothing was a MUST!) So instead of simply putting everything in a bag, I also labelled the bags with the day she was going to wear them.  Kristen helped, and when we went on vacation, there were no questions, arguments, etc. about what she was going to wear.  I even bagged and labelled her pj's, swimsuits, and, of course, a couple of "extra" outfits just in case.   It worked like a charm, and so I did it again for the trip she and I are taking to visit my parents.  Here's a peak:
Put together the entire outfit. Don't forget socks, hair accessories, and undies!
Put outfit in gallon sized bag labelled with the day they will wear it. I always leave the bags open a little, so they don't fill up with air.


Do the same for PJ's! (excuse my camera strap in the picture!
Bag is all packed! In order of the day she will wear each outfit. 

Also, I realized while we were packing, that this is probably the last time in a long time that I'll be packing for a trip without packing diapers! What?! How do we only have 3 months left in this pregnancy??  :) What tips do you have for making traveling with kids easier? 

No comments:

Post a Comment